Short Story Contest 2020
This year we want to read stories about the kind of relationships that don’t quite sit right with you. The annoying, challenging, stained relations that leave a bad taste in your mouth and keep you up at night. Drama, humor, horror, realism, surrealism – we don’t care what genre you choose for your short story, as long as it pertains to the theme of strained relationships.
Send us your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 27th of September at the latest. Write “Short story contest” as the subject.
The winning short story will be published at ergo.nu in the Fall and be rewarded with a 2000 kronor gift voucher at Uppsala Bokhandel (Uppsala bookshop).
– The contestant must be a student at Uppsala University.
– The entry must be written in English or Swedish.
– The entry must be between 5 000 and 10 000 characters long, including blanks (spaces).
– The entry must not have been published in any other medium previous to the competition, including, for example, private blogs.
– Only one author per entry is allowed.
– The story must take place in Uppsala and pertain to the theme "strained relationships".
The contest is arranged in collaboration with Uppsala bokhandel